Jalumbaw, Barran Rose Fernando Jurraang: ‘Ngiyambandi ngaawa ngiyambandi miinggi’
Long ago, Aunty Rose Fernando stated: ‘Our language is our soul’.
With this in mind we value the revitalisation of the Gumbaynggirr language as the most important aspect of the programs we deliver due to its role in reconnecting our community to culture and improving the collective self-esteem of Aboriginal people.
We therefore deliver the following:
- A weekly community class at Wongala Estate Aboriginal Reserve. Every Thursday morning 7.30-9am
- School packages in order teach Gumbaynggirr to students in schools. Currently we teach at Kulai Aboriginal Preschool and Bishop Druitt College
- Gumbaynggirr speaker recordings
- Road Trips to significant cultural areas in order to learn language ‘on country’
- Upskilling of Gumbaynggirr teachers.